Decades-long all over the globe, utility companies mostly faced the advanced cyber- attacks by the cybercriminal minds. Regrettably, the corporate information networks were not the sole target of the criminals. Actually, they are advancing the cyber attacks aiming to get into the internal control systems of the industries. Consequently, it has become essential for these utility companies to upgrade their cybersecurity framework.
As a result of these recurring cyber-attacks on the critical systems, there can be a severe effect on the infrastructure at a national level. Many power plants in Ukraine were subject to a shattering cyber-attack in 2015. Consequently, their crucial control systems remained non-functional. It had a substantial effect as almost 2.5 million individuals lost power supply to their households.
Security of Corporate Data Network
Compromising with the corporate data network could lead to the loss of crucial business data. Moreover, this can act as a means to target control systems. The utility company , if this sees success, could suffer financial, reputation or competitive damage.
Security Framework of Control System
Process integrity loss or accessibility to industrial control systems data could potentially direct to health and safety hazards. Also, this could direct to unscheduled outages or working practices done manually.
Compliance with Legislation
A rise in legislation involving the utility companies can be noticed. This can include legislation specific to the HSE, NIS directive and Industry.
Customer information deemed as the personal information, if lost, would be regarded as a violation of the Data Protection Act, 1998. More rigorous laws related to the data protection will be introduced soon. The European countries must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018.
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Breach Reporting
- Cyber Security Incident Management
- Communication Plans
Control System Security
- Security Assessments
- Design of Assessment Progress
- Design of Review Systems
- Secure Operation Procedures
- Technical Guidance Notes
- Technology Studies
- Architecture Reviews
- Online Self-Assessment
- Assisted Self-Assessment
- Cyber Essentials Plus
ISO 27001 Certification
- Design and Implement ISMS
- Scope Extension
- Outsourced External Audit
- Certificate Readiness Checks
- Employee Awareness
- Policies and procedures
- Full Implementation
- Integrated Management Systems
UTILITIES AND ENERGY SECTOR
In modern days, the world now widely relies on electricity. All over the world, Critical Infrastructure (CI) and support systems within the society depend essentially on electricity to sustain and power the day to day utilities like food manufacturing, transportation networks, telecommunications, and water processing systems. As a result, the energy sector will essentially be of significance from the strategic point of view, requiring the national protection and investment, concluding in the immense fiscal investment intended to the energy network systems and the allied systems.
We help you in protecting your crucial business system networks and infrastructure. We ensure trust in the venture in your digital system networks so that you can make use of the information value throughout your organisation.
What we can provide you
Our professionals have provided services to some of the paramount energy companies all over the world to handle the complicated information and also cyber-security risks.
We can assist you:
- Protecting Industrial control systems (ICS):Our ICS proficiency covers the system of generating, transmitting and distributing of electricity; gas and oil drilling, processing and production; and waste or potable water systems
- Meeting challenges related to cybersecurity: We realize that due to the recurring intense and complex cyber attacks, it is now critical to ensure that cybersecurity system of your company is effective enough to fabricate the digital trust and confidence with the major stakeholders as well as safeguarding the partners, customers, and CI.
- Developing and implementing the best possible security strategy:We help in developing and implementing resilient, well informed and risk-led cybersecurity strategies, defining responsibilities and accountabilities clearly for security governance.
- Understanding the specific risks you face:We provide you with health checks as well as security audits against the industry and regulatory standards, for example, PCI DSS, ISO27001, NERC CIP and IEC 62443
- Testing the technical security of your company:We provide high-level expertise and 24×7 practical support regarding computer forensics, penetration testing, biometrics & identity management, secure coding & architecture design, and e-Discovery through NS Global, our expert technical cybersecurity practice
- Strengthening your cybersecurity culture:By the assessment of the vulnerability to social engineering as well as behavioural analysis, we revolutionize the thinking of your people and take the necessary steps to mitigate your cyber risks
How NS Global Can Collaborate with you
We blend technical proficiency with the deep sector knowledge related to energy. That is, we realize the challenges faced by you – and develop the best-fit response customized for your business. We shape the best approach to fulfil your requirements – whether the current security programmes are state-of-art or just developing.
Book a free consultation with our Expert today!
Have a question? We’re here to help. Send us a message and we’ll get be in touch.